In this week's issue:
- The Cybertraps Podcast: Week of November 15, 2021
- Florida Teacher Loses Three Days of Salary over Transphobic Facebook Posts
- Use of Facebook for Grooming
- Unintended Voicemail
- Educator Crowdfunding
- Password Security
- Oversharing on Social Media by Teacher’s Boyfriend
- The Risks of Unmonitored Teacher-Student Communications
- Collection of Derogatory Information about Parents
- Responding to Racist Videos by Students
The Cybertraps Podcast: Week of November 15, 2021
TCP Episode #95 — Benefits of Clearinghouse with Nancy Pugliese
TCP Episode #94 — It’s 10 PM. Do You Know What App Your Student Is Using?
You can subscribe to "The Cybertraps Podcast" on Apple Podcast or on your podcast player of preference.
Florida Teacher Loses Three Days of Salary over Transphobic Facebook Posts
Administrative Law Judge Lowers Suspension by Two Days
In 2019, Florida math teacher Thomas Caggiano received an email from a student asking that he use her preferred name and pronouns, which were different from what was listed in the class roster. Caggiano refused, saying that “pronouns are not a negotiable thing for me.”
The school’s principal, Saryn Hatcher, spoke to Caggiano and told him that his position was in violation of school policy. Hatcher also set up an “All-In” inclusivity training for all of the teachers in the school, including Caggiano.
This post is for subscribers onlySubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in
Sign in or become a member of The Cybertraps Newsletter to join the conversation.